Strong in advice
Whistleblowing policy HMB Accountants B.V.
HMB Accountants strongly values a solid complaints policy. Sent in complaints are processed carefully and confidentially by us. Related to this HMB Accounts feels that employees as well as persons from outside of the organisations must have to opportunity to address alleged irregularities without risking their own legal status. Anyone making use of this whistleblowing policy can anonymously place the report with the counsellor of HMB Accountants B.V.
This whistleblowing policy applies to the following situations:
- Actions that lead to criminal offences by the accounting organisation or her employees;
- All actual or alleged other violations of external laws and regulations by the accounting organisation or her employees;
- All actual or alleged violations of internal laws and regulations by the accounting organisation or her employees;
- (Threatening) intimidation of employees by colleagues and or supervisors;
- (Threatening) unlawful destruction or manipulation of data or information;
- And all further situations that, in view of the reporter, are eligible for the counsellor to look at.
In case there is a difference in views or when there are complaints about the actions of the accountant organisation or her employees, this whistleblowing policy also applies. The difference with the complaint policy is related to the fact that use of the whistleblowing policy is always anonymous.
- In case there is a situation that falls under the coverage of this whistleblowing policy, the reporter has the opportunity to report this to the counsellor, Mrs. M. van Zon.
- The counsellor confirms the report within one week to the reporter. The counsellor also informs the reporter of how and when his or her report will be processed. This term will be a maximum of four weeks after the report has been received.
- In case there is (threatening) internal or external professional regulations, the counsellor will inform the compliance officer, without acknowledgements.
- The counsellor informs the reporter after a maximum of four weeks about the processing of his or her report and the steps that have been taken. If this term, due to unforeseen circumstances, cannot be met, the counsellor will inform the report about this. Furthermore, she will provide the reporter with a date on which the reporter receives information about when his or her report will be processed.
- Reports applicable to a (threatening) violation of internal or external professional regulations will be, in all cases, processed by the counsellor in agreement with the compliance officer with due regard to the confidentiality.
The report, the communication about this and the processing are carried out under complete secrecy and confidentiality, unless the reporter exempts the counsellor of her obligation of secrecy.
Get in touch!